1. DO hire a wedding planner. Hiring someone to take on wedding day responsibilities will take a tremendous amount of stress away from you, and your family + friends.
2. DO choose a wedding venue where your guests can enjoy themselves and get some R & R while celebrating with you!
3. Don't forget to have FUN with your bridesmaids/groomsmen on the morning of your wedding! It makes for really fun photos (and memories)!
4. Here's a fun way to change up the traditional guest book. Why not use a fun instant film camera for guests to take photos with and add them to your guest display!
5. Do talk to your wedding photographer about doing a first look if you are considering it. We adore first look moments and we can plan a way to do them where we are behind the scenes and allow you to have your moment without taking away from the intimacy.
6. Don't feel bad if you need to get away from the crowd for a bit during the reception!
7. DO book a bridal session with your wedding photographer (prior to your wedding day). There are so many benefits to doing this! Here are just a few...
- It will give you the opportunity to do a trial run with your make-up artist and hair stylist.
- It gives you a chance to move around in your dress and figure out if there are any trouble areas in your dress design that need to be worked out before the wedding day.
- You will be able to take your time, take the whole day to prepare, and you will most likely feel more at ease doing your bridal portraits pre-wedding than on the day of the wedding when things tend to be a bit more rushed. You have the freedom to do whatever you like, wherever you like.
- It gives your photographer plenty of time to work with you, and in ideal light. Plus, it's another chance for your photographer to hang out with you and get to know you better before the big day!
- You will have bridal portraits to use on the wedding day!
- You get to wear your wedding dress not once.... but twice!
8. If you bought new heels for the big day, might be a good idea to break them in just a bit! OR, bring a pair of comfortable shoes to change into for the reception!
9. Wedding banners (pictured banner by Tuck & Bonte) are a fun idea for your wedding photos or wedding day decor!
10. When things go wrong (like the power going out on the day of your wedding) remember to stay calm, look at the bright side, and have a laugh, because after all...
"A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly." - Unknown Author
P.S. Pictured below, the power had gone out while the couple and the wedding party were getting ready. These guys had the best attitude through it all and everyone had a fantastic time, even though things weren't going according to plan. Everyone went with the flow until the power came back on. It was a beautiful day.
Which tip did you find most helpful?
Jason + Heather