As wedding photographers, we've seen all kinds of fun and creative activities for guests. We're constantly amazed and inspired at the creativity we see in our couples. Here are a 11 fun + creative ideas to inspire you...
1. Child's Activity Book/ Reception Coloring Activities. This bride made special activity books for the children to play with during the reception!
Such a fun tablescape with crayons and paper table runner so that guests can draw and color the table while they eat!
2. S'Mores. No explanation needed for this one! Everyone loves S'mores, especially on a crisp Fall day!
3. Firepit. There's just something about sitting around a fire at dusk, talking and sharing stories, roasting marshmallows, listening to music... Your guests will love it!
4. Lawn Games. There are all kinds of fun lawn games... Croquet, Corn Hole, Bocce Ball, Tether Ball are just a few. Such a great way to get people up and out of their seats (because not everyone likes to dance), and also a great for your guests to interact and get to know each other.
Additional Reading - Lawn Game ideas from Rustic Wedding Chic
6. Guest Guides: Things to Do in the Area. Gather some ideas/maps/favorite spots and gift to your guests. If they're staying the weekend, they'll have lots of fun exploring the town and areas that you love!
7. Photobooth/Personalized Bride + Groom Cardboard Cutout Photo Spot.
8. R & R. Having a destination wedding? Why not give the gift of R & R to your guests? Maybe a place where they can get away from it all, be out in nature, relax in rocking chairs, nearby nature trails and stunning natural beauty...
9. Ribbon Wands. We loved these ribbon wands that our bride made for the guests! Whimsical and perfect for a fairytale wedding. Perfect for a grand exit as well!
11. Glow Sticks and Accessories. As you can see in the image below, these guys were having a ton of fun! (Photographers have fun too :)